ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 339.137.2:637.12:332.1 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202004034
Економіка агропромислового виробництва
Assessment of regional competitiveness of milk production in Ukraine / Kozak O.A., Hryshchenko O.Yu. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 4 - P. 34
The purpose of the article is to develop methodological approaches to assessing the regional competitiveness of milk production in Ukraine, to calculate the integral competitiveness indicators for each region and based on them to build ratings, and also to establish the relationship between the competitiveness of production and the region’s self-sufficiency in milk. Research methods. The work is based on the dialectical method of cognition using the following research methods: abstract-logical (for generalization and formulation of conclusions); comparative analysis (to compare the level of milk production competitiveness among regions); statistical and economic (when conducting a rating assessment of regional competitiveness of milk production); graphical (to visually display the results of statistical analysis); balance (in determining the ratio of the regional level of milk production and consumption), as well as a systematic approach, analysis and synthesis, induction and deduction and others in the field of economic research. Research results. Methodological approaches to assessing the regional competitiveness of milk production have been devel-oped, which are presented in the form of the following actions sequence: to determine a system of indicators for assessing the competitiveness of major milk producers; to carry out rationing of average indicators; to calculate integrated indices for each producer and determine the integrated regional rating; to build a rating of regions according to integrated indices and overall rating. Calculations performed in accordance with this algorithm allowed us to determine the competitive regions of Ukraine for milk production. Scientific novelty. Methodological approaches to determining the level of competitiveness of milk production in the regions of Ukraine were further developed, taking into account all categories of producers. The ratio of the degree of regional competitiveness to the level of milk self-sufficiency is calculated. It has been established that the higher milk production competitiveness, the better regional self-sufficiency. Practical significance. Methodological approaches have been developed and the assessment results are an information base for making managerial decisions aimed at equalizing the competitiveness of milk production in the regions of Ukraine in the context of developing a regional policy for socio-economic development. The obtained indicators of the level of competitiveness can be used by agricultural producers to identify strengths or weaknesses in milk production development and to compare the economy with the best management practices. The information obtained in the study will be interesting to potential investors who plan to engage in the dairy business in Ukraine. Tabl.: 1. Figs.: 2. Refs.: 17.
Key words: competitiveness; milk production; rating; self-sufficiency; region
- Boiko, V.I., Kozak, O.A. (2010). Formuvannia prodovolchykh resursiv v Ukraini: rehionalnyi aspect [Food resource formation in Ukraine: regional aspect]. Ekonomika APK, 4, pp. 37-40 [In Ukrainian].
- Ilchuk, M.M., Konoval, I.A. (2016). Pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti produktsii skotarstva v Ukraini [Increase of the competitiveness of cattle breeding production in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK, 5, pp. 51-59 [In Ukrainian].
- Konkurentospromozhnist vyrobnytstva moloka v Ukraini [Milk production competitiveness in Ukraine]. (2002). Kyiv: Instytut ekonomichnykh doslidzhen ta politychnykh konsultatsii v Ukraini. Nimetska konsultatyvna hrupa z pytan ekonomichnykh reform. Retrieved from: http://www.ier.com.ua/files/publications/Policy_papers/German_advisory_group/2002/s12_ur.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Leheza, D.H. (2011). Konkurentospromozhnist produktsii silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv: monohrafiia [Agricultural product competitiveness: monograph]. Kyiv: NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- Lupenko Yu.O. (2018). Naukovo-metodolohichne zabezpechennia rozvytku ekonomiky silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy [Scientific and methodical provision for development of agricultural economics in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK, 10, pp. 6-14 [In Ukrainian].
- Malik, M.Y. & Nuzhna, O.A. (2007). Konkurentospromozhnist ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv: metodolohiia i mekhanizmy: monohrafiia. [Competitiveness of agrarian enterprises: methodology and mechanisms: monograph]. Kyiv: NNTs IAE [In Ukrainian].
- Mesel-Veseliak, V.Ya., Hryshchenko, O.Yu. (2017). Reitynhova otsinka rehionalnoho sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku ahrarnoho sektoru ekonomiky Ukrainy: metodyka, rozrakhunky [Rating assessment of regional social and economic development of the agrarian sector of Ukraine: methodology, calculations]. Ekonomika APK, 11, pp. 11-17 [In Ukrainian].
- Patyka, N.I. (2019). Konkurentospromozhnist ta pozytsionuvannia Ukrainy na svitovomu rynku molochnoi produktsii [Competitiveness and positioning of Ukraine on the world market of dairy products]. Ekonomika APK, 5, pp. 77-86 [In Ukrainian]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.201905077
- Patyka, N.I. (2019). Teoretyko-metodolohichni pidkhody do konkurentospromozhnosti silskoho hospodarstva v suchasnykh umovakh [Theoretical and methodological approaches to agriculture competitiveness in modern conditions]. Ekonomika APK, 4, pp. 66-74 [In Ukrainian]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.201904066
- Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadku ta Metodyky provedennia monitorynhu ta otsinky rezultatyvnosti realizatsii derzhavnoi rehionalnoi polityky : Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 21 zhovtnia 2015 r. № 856. Baza danykh «Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy» / VR Ukrainy. Retrieved from : https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/856-2015-%D0%BF. [In Ukrainian].
- Ustik, T.V. (2013). Formuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti molochnoi produktsii Formation of dairy product competitiveness]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Tavriiskoho derzhavnoho ahrotekhnolohichnoho universytetu (ekonomichni nauky), 1(3), pp. 277-284 [In Ukrainian].
- Defining International Competitiveness. IMD World Competitiveness Center. Retrieved from: https://www.imd.org/wcc/world-competitiveness-reflections/international-competitiveness/ [In English].
- Enhancing European competitiveness. First report to the President of the Commission, the Prime-Ministers and heads of state. (1995). European Commission: The competitiveness advisory group. Retrieved from: http://aei.pitt.edu/2866/1/2866.pdf [In English].
- IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook (2014). Lausanne: IMD World Competitiveness Center [In English].
- Porter, M. (2008). Competition. USA: Harvard Business School Publishing Cooperation [In English].
- Prahalad, C. (2005). Competitive advantages. Boston: Harvard Business Scholl Press [In English].
- US Competitiveness Policy Council. (1992). "Building a competitive America."The First Report to the President and Congress, Competitiveness Policy Council, Washington, D.C. [In English].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_4_p_34_42.pdf