ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 339.9 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202004094
Ukraine in the system of the global economy: trade aspect / Kutsmus N.M., Prokopchuk O.A., Usiuk T.V. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 4 - P. 94
The purpose of the article is to identify the tendencies of Ukraine’s foreign trade development under the influence of global economy transformations. Research methods. Consists of the following methods: analysis and synthesis, induction and deduction – to substantiate theoretical and methodological bases of international trade phenomenon in globalized business environment studying; historical and economic – to identify the benefits and threats of globalization accordingly to countries differentiation by level of development; synergetic – to reflect the progressive development of globalization process and the nature of its effects on the world and national economies; statistical and economic – to collect and process analytical data concerning dynamics and parameters of the world economic growth and international trade, in particular, to identify the role of Ukraine in international trade flows; scientific abstraction – to summarize research results and formulate conclusions of the study. Research results. Economic nature of globalization is revealed. The tendencies of global economy development through its influence on national economic systems with different level of development are determined. Modern trends of international trade relations development as one of the determining factors of global economy transformation are investigated. Peculiarities of Ukraine's participation in export-import operations are analyzed. Scientific novelty. The research of modern international trade relations with the participation of Ukraine in the conditions of transformations of the system of the global economy was further developed. Practical significance. Research results develop a methodological basis for argumentation of proposals for strengthening Ukraine's position in the system of international trade relations and increase its resilience to current challenges of business environment under globalization. Tabl.: 2. Figs.: 4. Refs.: 29.
Key words: global economy; globalization; transformation of global economy; economic development of countries; international trade; world market
- EU-Ukraine: A Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Zone (2011). Retrieved from: http://eeas.europa.eu/archives/ [In English].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [In Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna fiskalna sluzhba Ukrainy [State Fiscal Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://sfs.gov.ua/ms/ [In Ukrainian].
- Ofitsiinyi sait Sertyfikatsiinoi kompanii «Orhanik standart» [Official Website of Certification Company "Organic Standard"]. Retrieved from: www.organicstandard.com.ua/ua [In Ukrainian].
- Stehnei, M.I., Korol, M.M., Parlah, S.V. (2019). Osoblyvosti zovnishnotorhovelnoi polityky Kytaiu v suchasnykh umovakh [Features of China's foreign trade policy in modern conditions]. Ekonomika i suspilstvo, 20, pp. 53-62 [In Ukrainian].
- Lupenko, Yu.O., Pugachov, M.I., Dukhnytskyi, B.V., et al. (2015). Formuvannia hlobalnoho i rehionalnoho rynkiv silskohospodarskoi syrovyny ta prodovolstva: monohrafiia [Formation of global and regional markets for agricultural raw and food: monograph]. Kyiv: NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- A History of the global economy: from 1500 to the present (2016). [Ed. by Baten J.]. Cambridge University Press [In English].
- Berggren, N., Nilsson, T. (2015). Globalization and the transmission of social values: the case of tolerance. Journal of Comparative Economics, 43(2), pp. 371–389 [In English].
- Çelik, Y., Erkan, H. (2010). Küreselleşme Kalkınma İlişkisi. Dumlupınar Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 26, pp. 183–196 [In Turkish].
- The World’s Largest 10 Economies in 2030. Retrieved from: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/worlds-largest-10-economies-2030/ [In English].
- Collins, A. (2018). Four Risks to the Global Economy for Sri Lanka. Retrieved from: https://www.lki.lk/blog/four-risks-to-the-global-economy-for-sri-lanka-to-watch-in-2018/ [In English].
- GDP (current US$). (2019). Retrieved from: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.CD [In English].
- Gilpin, R. (2018). The Challenge of Global Capitalism: The World Economy in the 21st Century. Princeton University Press [In English].
- Smith, S., et al. (2006). Globalisation and its discontents. Brewer, Cambridge [In English].
- Held, D. et al. (1999). Global Transformations. Politics, Economics and Culture. Stanford: Stanford University Press [In English].
- Husain, I. (2000). Making Globalization Work For The Poor Case Study of Pakistan, Lahore: Lahore University of Management Sciences [In English].
- Jing, D. (2017). The Deglobalization Crisis in the West and “Taming” Globalization. Global Review, 1, рр. 52–69 [In English].
- Key Statistics and Trends in International Trade 2018, UNCTAD – Division on International Trade and Commodities. (2018). United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Retrieved from: un.org/publications [In English].
- Kilic, C. (2015). Effects of Globalization on Economic Growth: Panel Data Analysis for Developing Countries. Economic Insights ‒ Trends and Challenges, 1, рр. 1–11 [In English].
- Mazzucato, M. (2018). The Value of Everything: Making and Taking in the Global Economy. Hachette UK [In English].
- Meyer, K. (2017). International business in an era of anti-globalization. Multinational Business Review, 25(2), pp. 78–90 [In English].
- Simsek, T., Aydin, H. (2017). The interaction between globalization, urbanization and economic development. Economic Development: Global & Regional Studies. Global Studies, 4, рp. 109–126 [In English].
- Top 50 countries in the Globalization Index. (2019). Retrieved from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/268168/globalization-index-by-country/#statisticContainer [In English].
- Trade (% of GDP). (2019). Retrieved from: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NE.TRD.GNFS.ZS [In English].
- Trade helpdesk. Retrieved from: http://trade.ec.europa.eu/tradehelp [In English].
- Trade map: trade statistics for international business development. Retrieved from: https://www.trademap.org/Index.aspx [In English].
- Wiedmann, T., Lenzen, M. (2018). Environmental and social footprints of international trade. Nature Geosci, 11, рр. 314–321 [In English].
- WTO: Trends in global trade 2018. (2018). Retrieved from: https://safety4sea.com/wto-trends-in-global-trade-2018/ [In English].
- World Economic Outlook: Global Manufacturing Downturn, Rising Trade Barriers. International Monetary Fund (2019). Washington, DC [In English].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_4_p_94_104.pdf