ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 338.001.36:338.12:631.115.11 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202006068
Аграрний менеджмент і підприємництво
Economic assessments of the impact of Covid-19 on farm development / Mamchur V.A., Irkliienko I.S. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 6 - P. 68
The purpose of the article is to evaluate measures to support the activities of farms and family farms in the conditions of David-19 and make a forecast assessment of their development and formation. Research methods. It is based on the active policy concept of entrepreneurial potential realization in the countryside, which includes measures for the farms and family farms development, in particular through the transformational mechanism of household formalization into a market environment. The following scientific methods were used in the research process: dialectical scientific knowledge of processes and phenomena; monographic (analysis of scientific achievements of Ukrainian and foreign scientists, as well as stages of business development); graphic (to obtain a synthesized idea of the object of study, to identify its components, to establish causal relationships); empirical (regarding a comprehensive assessment of the current state of the object of study); comparative analysis (identification of problems and directions of formation and development of farming); comparative analysis (taking into account the specific conditions of agricultural activity and comparing the processes of farming development at the national level); prognostic (formation of conceptual bases of regulation and improvement of the strategy of development of business); abstract-logical (theoretical generalizations and formulation of conclusions). Research results. The situation on minimizing the impact of quarantine measures under the conditions of Covid-19 and their consequences and interaction in the development of farms and family farms in rural areas is analyzed. On the basis of generalization in the development of mechanisms to ensure the efficiency of the agricultural sector of the economy, it is necessary to take into account the features and vulnerabilities of the organizational and legal management form. It was found that the most vulnerable to the introduction of quarantine restrictions are small and medium-sized farms, mostly those engaged in vegetable production, in particular the production of early vegetables and berries. This can directly lead to a reduction in their number. Thus, by 2025, the number of farms may be reduced by 450 units - up to 32639 against 33089 in 2019. However, the introduced measures, including compensation the part of SST for family farms, are able to provide in the near future approximately 200 thousand such farms both through a change in the organizational and legal form of existing small farms and through household formalization into the market environment with the acquisition of the official status of business entities. Scientific novelty. The methodological representation and identification of the category of self-employment as structured and defined by law, institutional and economic criteria, forms of organization of rural management with the appropriate definition of priority contours of possible organizational and economic effectiveness of functioning through employment in non-agricultural enterprises. Practical significance. The basic principles for counteracting the impact of restrictive measures in the context of Covid-19 were revealed, which allowed to assess the prospects for the development of farms, including family farms, as well as to make predictive calculations of the impact of proposed measures on their formation and development. Tabl.: 3. Figs.: 1. Refs.: 24.
Key words: problems; Covid-19; farms; family farms; providing
- Borodina, O. & Prokopa, I. (2014). Simeini fermerski hospodarstva: problemy formalizatsii [Family farms: problems of formalization]. ZN,UA. Retrieved from: https://zn.ua/ukr/ariculture/simeyni-fermerski-gospodarstva-problemi-formalizaciyi-_.html [In Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [In Ukrainian].
- Malik, M.Y. & Zaiats, V.M. (2013) Teoretychni zasady ta napriamy transformatsii osobystykh selianskykh hospodarstv [Theoretical principles and directions for transformation of private peasant farms]. Ekonomika APK, 5, pp. 87–95 [In Ukrainian].
- Malik, M.Y. & Shpykuliak, O.H. (2018). Tendentsii i perspektyvy rozvytku osobystykh selianskykh hospodarstv [Trends and prospects for development of private peasant farms]. Ekonomika APK, 1, pp. 11-19 [In Ukrainian].
- Malik, M.Y., Shpykuliak, O.H., & Mamchur, V.A. (2018). Instytutsiina formalizatsiia rozvytku simeinykh fermerskykh hospodarstv v Ukraini [Institutional formalization of family farms in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK, 10, pp. 72–86 [In Ukrainian].
- Lupenko, Yu.O., Malik, M.Y., Shpykuliak, O.H., et al. (2019). Orhanizatsiino-ekonomichne zabezpechennia rozvytku simeinykh fermerskykh hospodarstv: monohrafiia [Organizational and economic support for development of family farms: monograph]. Kyiv: NNTs “IAE” [In Ukrainian].
- Osypova, M.M. (2017). Pytannia rozvytku simeinykh fermerskykh hospodarstv [Issues of development of family farms]. Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriia “Ekonomichni nauky”, vol. 22, part 2, pp. 20–23 [In Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrainy Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy, spriamovanykh na zabezpechennia dodatkovykh sotsialnykh ta ekonomichnykh harantii u zviazku z poshyrenniam koronavirusnoi khvoroby (COVID-19) # 540-IX, redaktsiia vid 30.03.2020 [On amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine aimed at providing additional social and economic guarantees in connection with the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Law of Ukraine No. 540-IX, as amended on 30.03.2020]. Baza danykh “Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy”. VR Ukrainy. Retrieved from: https://bit.ly/34366GB [In Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrainy Pro vnesennia zmin do Podatkovoho kodeksu Ukrainy ta inshykh zakoniv Ukrainy shchodo pidtrymky platnykiv podatkiv na period zdiisnennia zakhodiv, spriamovanykh na zapobihannia vynyknenniu i poshyrenniu koronavirusnoi khvoroby (COVID-19) # 533-IX Redaktsiia vid 17.03.2020 [On amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine and other laws of Ukraine on support of taxpayers for the period of measures aimed at preventing the occurrence and spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Law of Ukraine No. 533-IX, as amended on 17.03.2020]. Baza danykh “Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy”. VR Ukrainy. Retrieved from: https://bit.ly/2UBbiOQ [In Ukrainian].
- Zakon Ukrainy Pro vnesennia zmin do Podatkovoho kodeksu Ukrainy ta inshykh zakoniv Ukrainy shchodo dodatkovoi pidtrymky platnykiv podatkiv na period zdiisnennia zakhodiv, spriamovanykh na zapobihannia vynyknenniu i poshyrenniu koronavirusnoi khvoroby (COVID-19) # 591-IKh, redaktsiia vid 13.05.2020 [On amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine and other laws of Ukraine on additional support of taxpayers for the period of measures aimed at preventing the occurrence and spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Law of Ukraine No. 591-IX, as amended on 13.05.2020]. Baza danykh “Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy”. VR Ukrainy. Retrieved from: https://bit.ly/2M7FU5j [In Ukrainian].
- Postanova KMU vid 30 sichnia 2019 r. # 126 Pro vnesennia zmin do Poriadku vykorystannia koshtiv, peredbachenykh u derzhavnomu biudzheti dlia nadannia finansovoi pidtrymky rozvytku fermerskykh hospodarstv [On amendments to the Procedure for the usage of funds provided in the state budget for the provision of financial support for the development of farms: Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 126 of 30.01.2019]. Baza danykh “Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy”. VR Ukrainy. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/126-2019-%D0%BF [In Ukrainian].
- Postanova KMU vid 03 chervnia 2020 r. # 442 Pro vnesennia zmin do Poriadku nadannia simeinym fermerskym hospodarstvam dodatkovoi finansovoi pidtrymky cherez mekhanizm doplaty na koryst zastrakhovanykh osib – chleniv/holovy simeinoho fermerskoho hospodarstva yedynoho vnesku na zahalnooboviazkove derzhavne sotsialne strakhuvannia [On amendments to the Procedure for the provision of additional financial support to family farms through a mechanism of additional payment in favour of insured persons, members/head of family farms, of a single contribution to the obligatory state social insurance: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 442 of 3.06.2020]. Governmental Portal of Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-vnesennya-zmin-do-poryadku-nadannya-simejnim-fermerskim-gospodarstvam-dodatkovoyi-finansovoyi-pidtrimki-cherez-mehanizm-doplati-na-korist-zastrahovanih-osib-chlenivgolovi-i030620-442 [In Ukrainian].
- Prokopa, I.V., Berkuta, T.V., & Betlii, M.H. (2010). Dyferentsiatsiia hospodarstv naselennia za kharakterom vyrobnytstva: naslidky rynkovoi transformatsii [Differentiation of households by the production nature: consequences of market transformation]. Ekonomika i prohnozuvannia, 3, pp. 74–89 [In Ukrainian].
- Statystychnyi zbirnyk Roslynnytstvo Ukrainy [Crop production of Ukraine: Statistical collection]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ druk/publicat/kat_u/2020/zb/04/zb_rosl_2019.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Spaskyi, H. (2019). Rozvytok simeinykh fermerskykh hospodarstv rehionu [Development of family farms in a region]. Ekonomika APK, 5, pp. 49–59 [In Ukrainian].
- Statystychnyi zbirnyk Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy [Livestock of Ukraine: Statistical collection]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2020/zb/05/zb_tvaryny_2019.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Shpykuliak, O.H. & Malik, M.Y. (2019). Stanovlennia orhanizatsiino-ekonomichnoi modeli simeinoho fermerstva v Ukraini: instytutsiini zasady, problemy ta priorytety [Formation of organizational and economic model of family farming in Ukraine: institutional principles, problems, and priorities]. Ekonomika APK, 9, pp. 86–98 [In Ukrainian].
- Acikgoz, N. (2020). Coronavirus requires urgent new measures for agriculture. BlogActiv. Retrieved from: https://nacikgoz.blogactiv.eu/2020/04/01/coronavirus-requires-urgent-new-measures-for-agriculture [In English].
- Coronavirus: Commission adopts package of measures to further support the agri-food sector. (2020). European Commission. Retrieved from: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_20_788 [In English].
- Hill, C. (2020). Farmers believe coronavirus could ‘change agriculture for the better’ in the UK, says survey. AgNews. Retrieved from: http://news.agropages.com/News/NewsDetail---35009.htm [In English].
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Food and Agriculture Organization. Retrieved from: http://www.fao.org/2019-ncov [In English].
- Petrova, A. (2020). Bulgaria reallocates 175 mln euro in EU funds to back coronavirus-hit farmers. SeeNews. Retrieved from: https://seenews.com/news/bulgaria-reallocates-175-mln-euro-in-eu-funds-to-back-coronavirus-hit-farmers-697998 [In English].
- Rossi, R. (2020). Coronavirus crisis support for EU farmers. European Parliament Think Tank. Retrieved from: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/thinktank/en/document.html?reference=EPRS_ATA(2020)649388 [In English].
- Supporting the agriculture and food sectors amid Coronavirus. European Commission. Retrieved from: https://ec.europa.eu/info/food-farming-fisheries/farming/coronavirus-response_en [In English].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_6_p_68_80.pdf