ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 339.3 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202008022
Food products trade development and food supply chain problems in Ukraine / Ilchuk M.М., Pankratova L.L. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 8 - P. 22
The purpose of the article is to reveal the current state and trends in domestic trade development in Ukraine and to identify problem areas in the food supply chains. Research methods. The following methods were used such in the research: dialectical methods of processes and phenomena cognition; monographic method for assessing scientific achievements in the domestic trade study; empirical method for a comprehensive assessment of the study object current state; the method of expert assessments for the activity areas analysis that are not sufficiently provided with official statistics; index method for the pace of development analysis and abstract-logical for generalizations and formulation of conclusions. Research results. The current state of domestic trade development in Ukraine and problems in food supply chains are revealed, such as: "gray schemes" of trade, increase in grain resale, lack of full reporting by holding structures and other market participants, etc.; ways to solve the identified problems are outlined. Scientific novelty. Theoretical provisions on the domestic trade development in Ukraine were further developed, the real growth rates (falls) of wholesale and retail trade, taking into account inflationary processes and the constrain factors, were revealed. Practical significance. The arguments presented in the article regarding the objective and subjective domestic trade development factors, official statistics limited data, supply chain problems are the evidence base for a number of measures implementation to improve the situation. Figs.: 5. Refs.: 13.
Key words: domestic trade; wholesale turnover; retail turnover; supply chain; link traffic; food chain
- V Ukraini otsinyly vrozhai z nezareiestrovanykh poliv [In Ukraine, the harvest from unregistered fields was estimated]. (2020). Retrived from: https://ua.korrespondent.net/business/economics/4184346-v-ukraini-otsinyly-vrozhai-z-nezareiestrovanykh- poliv [In Ukrainian].
- Mazaraki, A.A., Lahutin, V.D., Herasymenko, A.H., Vysochyn, I.V., Trubei, O.M., Blank, I.O., et al. (2016). Vnutrishnia torhivlia Ukrainy: monohrafiia [Domestic trade of Ukraine: monograph]. Kyiv : Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t [In Ukrainian].
- Vnutrishnia torhivlia. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [Domestic trade. State Statistics Service of Ukraine] Retrived from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [In Ukrainian].
- Doslidzhennia tinovoi ekonomiky v Ukraini: maizhe chvert VVP – abo 846 mlrd hryven – perebuvaie v tini. Pres-sluzhba Minekonomiky [Study of the shadow economy in Ukraine: almost a quarter of GDP - or 846 billion hryvnia - is in the shadows]. (2020). Retrived from: https://www.me.gov.ua/News/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=b2fe7b9f-4e8a-487f-b3f7-ecd29c1c79c6&title=DoslidzhenniaTinovoiEkonomikiVUkraini-MaizheChvertVvpAbo846-MlrdGrivenPerebuvaVTini [In Ukrainian].
- Metodyka rozrakhunku oborotu rozdribnoi torhivli z urakhuvanniam diialnosti fizychnykh osib-pidpryiemtsiv. [ Methods of calculating the turnover of retail trade, taking into account the activities of individual entrepreneurs]. (2016). Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Retrived from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [In Ukrainian].
- Metodychni rekomendatsii rozrakhunkiv indeksiv fizychnoho obsiahu rozdribnoho tovarooborotu vid 06.11.2000 r. # 353 [Methodical recommendations for calculations of indices of physical volume of retail trade turnover from 06.11.2000 No. 353]. (2000). Kyiv: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Retrived from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [In Ukrainian].
- Holoshubova, N.O., Kavun, O.O., Toropkov, V.M., Behlarashvili, O.P., Hryhorenko, T.M. (2014). Pidpryiemnytski merezhi v torhivli: monohrafiia [Entrepreneurial networks in trade: a monograph]. Kyiv: Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t [In Ukrainian].
- Tinovyi rynok zerna v Ukraini skladaie 40% [The shadow grain market in Ukraine is 40%]. (2020). Retrived from: https://ua.korrespondent.net/business/economics/4184346-v-ukraini-otsinyly-vrozhai-z-nezareiestrovanykh-poliv [In Ukrainian].
- Umantsiv, Yu.M., Miniailo, O.I. & Chudak, V.V. (2016). Tendentsii rozvytku vnutrishnoi torhivli Ukrainy [Trends in the development of domestic trade in Ukraine]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky, (7), pp. 151-162 [In Ukrainian].
- Shpykuliak, O.H. (2009). Instytutsii ahrarnoho rynku: monohrafiia [Agrarian market institutions: monograph]. Kyiv: NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- Shpykuliak, O.H. (2008). Instytutsionalni aspekty rehuliuvannia ahrarnoho rynku [Institutional aspects of agricultural market regulation]. Ekonomika APK, 5, pp. 114-121 [In Ukrainian].
- Calvo Porral, C. and Levy-Mangin, J.-P. (2016). Food private label brands: the role of consumer trust on loyalty and purchase intention. British Food Journal, vol. 118, No. 3, pp. 679-696. Retrived from: https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-08-2015-0299 [In English].
- Kvasha, S., Pankratova, L., Koval, V. & Tamošiūnienė, R. (2019). Illicit Financial Flows in Export Operations with Agricultural Products. Intellectual Economics, 13(2), pp. 195-209 [In English]. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13165/IE-19-13-2-10.
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_8_p_22_30.pdf